Red Hat® Enterprise Performance Tuning teaches senior Linux® system administrators about performance tuning for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
This course discusses system architecture with emphasis on:
- Understanding the implications on system performance
- Methods for testing the effects of performance adjustments
- Open source benchmarking utilities
- Methods for analyzing system and networking performance
- Tuning configurations for specific application loads
The duration of training
- Introduction to performance tuning
Understand the basic principles of performance tuning and analysis.
- Collecting, graphing, and interpreting data
Gain proficiency using basic analysis tools and evaluating data.
- General tuning
Learn basic tuning theory and mechanisms used to tune the system.
- Limiting resource usage
Allocate resources for best performance by limiting resource usage.
- Hardware profiling
Understand and analyze hardware.
- Software profiling
Analyze CPU and memory performance of applications.
- Using SystemTap
Use systemtap for profiling software.
- Small file tuning
Tune a server for a workload involving frequent reads and writes of small files.
- Large memory workload tuning
Understand memory management and tuning.
- Tuning for a CPU-intensive workload
Understand tuning for CPU-bound applications.
- File server tuning
Understand storage and network tuning in the context of a file server application.
- Database server tuning
Tune memory and network performance using a database application as an example.
- Power usage tuning
Tune systems with power consumption in mind.
- Virtualization tuning
Tune ‘host’ and ‘guest’ for efficient virtualization.
- Red Hat Performance Tuning Comprehensive Review
Do a comprehensive overview of the course.
This course prepares you for these credentials
- Red Hat Certified Architect — RHCA®
RHCA certification represents a depth of knowledge in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and breadth of knowledge across other Red Hat technologies.
- Certificates of Expertise
Certificates of Expertise are incremental credentials attached to an RHCE certification that demonstrate skills and knowledge in specialized areas.